Acadian Platers Accessibility Standards Plan
(Updated April 3, 2018)
Acadian Platers is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are also committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting the requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Acadian Platers is committed to providing customers and clients with emergency information that is available to the public in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information where applicable and with the employee’s consent. Training:
Acadian Platers will provide training to employees on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees.
We will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with training:
· Develop training materials that are suited to the duties of employees.
· Integrate the required training into our new employee orientation programs.
· Review the required information with employees during our regularly scheduled employee communication meetings.
· Train staff on equipment or devices in our premises that may help with the provision of our goods and services to a person with a disability
Acadian Platers is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. Where applicable, we will consult with employees with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
We will take the following steps to ensure we meet information and communication needs:
· We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disabilities.
· We will ensure that employees with disabilities have access to information from the Company, including the supports necessary for their position, in a manner that considers their individual disability(ies).
Employees, customers and the public who wish to provide feedback can do so verbally or in writing. All feedback should be directed to the Operations Manager or Human Resources at: Acadian Platers Company Limited, 315 Rexdale Boulevard, Rexdale, Ontario M9W 1R8, or by telephone at (416) 743- 7130.
Feedback that is a complaint should be addressed according to Acadian Platers’ regular complaint management procedures. Please contact the Operations Manager or Human Resources at: Acadian Platers Company Limited, 315 Rexdale Boulevard, Rexdale, Ontario M9W 1R8, or by telephone at (416) 743-7130 for further details.
· We will ensure that feedback mechanisms are accessible to individuals with disabilities, upon request.
· We will work with our host(s) to ensure that all websites (and the content on those sites) conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA standards by January 2021.
· We will provide employees and members of the public with a copy of this plan/policy and any other documents required by the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, as requested. The documents will be provided in a manner that considers the requesting individual’s disabilities, if applicable.
· This plan/policy will be posted on the Acadian Group website.
Acadian Platers is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will continue to follow our internal Fair Hiring Practices procedure, our Non-Discrimination and Workplace Harassment policy and our Modified Work (return-to-work) policy. We will ensure that
employees are knowledgeable of these policies and procedures, including where to access them. These policies and procedures will be made available in a manner that considers an employee’s disability, upon request.
We will consider accessibility barriers when designing, planning or modifying future and current facilities. We will adhere to the minimum Accessibility Standards for the development or re-development of public spaces.
This plan/policy will be reviewed at least every five (5) years.
For more information on this Integrated Accessibility Standards Plan/Policy, please contact the Operations Manager or Human Resources at: Acadian Platers Company Limited, 315 Rexdale Boulevard, Rexdale, Ontario M9W 1R8, or by telephone at (416) 743-7130 for further details.